Yesterday a couple of friends came over for dinner and I wanted to make something special for dessert. Only thing I knew it had to be something with whisky in it, of course. So I came up with this fantastic mousse, added a little Glenfidich Solera 15 y.o. in it and that was that. The result: A lovely whisky mousse! Very easy to make and my guests enjoyed every bit of it.
Ok, this is what you need for 6 portions of my whisky mousse:
350 ml whipped cream
125 gr white sugar
5 sheets of gelatine
125 ml white wine (dry)
150 ml Glenfiddich Solera 15 y.o.
A small piece of dark chocolate
And this is how you make your whisky mousse:
- Whisk the egg yolks with the sugar in a bowl. Hang the bowl over a pan of boiling water, making sure that the base doesn’t touch the water. When the egg yolk becomes a thick whitish yellow ribbon you set it aside to cool.
- Put the cream into a bowl and beat with a whisk until it has a lobed structure.
- Beat the egg-whites until stiff.
- Heat the white wine and take a sip of the Glenfiddich. 😉
- Then squeeze the water out of the gelatin, and stir this with the wine. Continue to stir until the gelatin is dissolved.
- Mix the wine/gelatin into the egg yolks, continue mixing until everything is combined en and the mix is smooth.
- Then stir the whisky through and fold the cream and egg-whites.
- Put it in 6 small glasses and refrigerate for 2 hours to set.
Just before serving, make some chocolate shavings and place it on top of the whisky mousse.
Serve it with a glass of the Glenfiddich Solera 15 y.o. if you don’t have that just replace it with a different whisky. Fun to try different flavours. Do let me know what you created and which whisky you used!
Enjoy your Sunday!