For all you guys out there who like chocolate and whisky.. This is it!
I know chocolates are not easy to make, but these whisky chocolate truffles are easy peasy! Everyone can make these and it doesn’t cost you a lot of effort. And above all, you only need 4 ingredients.
100 ml whipped cream
100 gr white sugar
600 gr dark chocolate
5 tabelspoons of Laphroaig 10 year old
How to prepare the whisky chocolate truffles:
- Chop 350 gr. of the dark chocolate in small pieces and set aside.
- Bring the cream with the sugar to the boil, and mix it with the chocolate. Stir it until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth. Than stir in the whisky.
- Transfer the mixture in a bowl and refrigerate for 3 hours to set or until the mixture is firm enough to make round shapes.
- Spoon the mixture into round shapes and put it on a plate with clingfilm.
- Leave to set in the fridge for a couple of hours until firm.
- Chop the rest of the dark chocolate and put it in a bowl.
- Hang the bowl over a pan of boiling water, making sure that the base doesn’t touch the water.
- Stir the chocolate every so often, until it is completely melted.
- Remove from the heat and set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- Dip the truffles quickly into the melted chocolate, ensuring as much excess as possible drains off. You can use a cocktail stick to make it a bit easier.
- When you are finished and put them on a clean tray to dry. Store them in the fridge and make sure that you bring them out of the fridge half an hour or so before serving.
Enjoy your homemade truffles!
P.S. You can keep them in your fridge for a month.